Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one x one - queen bee and red

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

one x one - queen bee and red - Page 2 Empty chiasa;; post twelve

Post  red; Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:55 am

Chiasa watched Tadaki, searching his face, registering his posture. He was tensed, still upset about whatever it was that had initially started his change in demeanor. But no matter how hard she tried to figure out what was wrong, nothing about his posture or expression actually told her the answer. By now, she knew that it was the news of Alexander which had spurred such a reaction from him, but she decide if he knew the vampire or not. Perhaps it was because the vampire went after children that he was upset? It would be understandable, since even she was annoyed with the fact that it was children the vampire targeted. Vampires going after adult humans was just as bad, but children were particularly innocent humans. They were younger, had so much ahead of them, and yet they had to go through something as horrible as being abducted by the vampire. Were the children dead? ... Probably. Alexander had probably sucked the life right out of them in the form of their blood, leaving all of them somewhere that they could not be found. The children, young humans who should never have to know hardships or such pain, were being taken from their parents, terrified, and killed by the monstrous vampire Alexander was. Chiasa could remember the fear she had felt when her uncle had chased her, drunk and waving a gun. She could remember that numbing feeling of hopelessness when she realized she would die. In her case, Chiasa had been saved by Tadaki, delivered from death and her fear taken away. But those children hadn't been so lucky, and that angered her. Those children didn't get to be rescued, so now they would be avenged. As far as their parents went, they now had to live with the empty feeling of loss sitting in their chest, knowing their child would not come back to them. They had to live with the knowledge that their baby was sucked dry by a vampire.

Shaking the thoughts from her head before she became really angry, Chi sighed quietly and looked down at her hands holding the reins, closing her eyes a moment. Opening them again, Chi looked over at the map spread out across Tadaki's lap, eyes watching as he pointed to each place where Alexander had been while her ears listened to his voice. So Wingham would most likely be the next target place of Alexander. With determination in her mind, Chi vowed to herself not to allow any other children to feel the pain inflicted by Alexander. No, it stopped here. Alexander would have to pay his price. She didn't know what he was after, what objective he was pursuing exactly, but it didn't matter. Chiasa was content with finding that out later, after they had located Alexander. Leaning back in the saddle a little, Chi pictured all the different tools located in the basement of the estate, the sort of pain they could cause to a vampire... No, there wasn't any point in drawing this out. Just get it over and done with was the best way to do this.

Hoshi and Chiasa followed along beside and a bit behind Teufel and Tadaki, keeping up the pace while Chi looked around them a bit, observing the scenery. It was nice out here, actually, as the estate was located away from the cities and towns, nestled more in a country-like area. It was best here, and the Nakamura family had purposefully purchased a lot of land so that they might have even more privacy. Her thoughts interrupted by Tadaki's question, Chiasa slumped her shoulders and looked away from him a bit. "I just don't like not being able to figure out why you got so upset when you heard about Alexander and the children," she replied in a semi-sheepish mutter. It was rather ridiculous, and normally Chi didn't mind so much what or why other people got upset or happy. But with Silas and Tadaki, she did care. And of course she was also curious, so that was also an added factor.

red;
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

one x one - queen bee and red - Page 2 Empty Re: one x one - queen bee and red

Post  queen bee. Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:23 am

He reseated himself back right after she answered his question, not finding the answer intriguing enough to keep watching her. It was simply too common an answer for a mundane like her to give him. Though he was in fact curious as to why she would have answered in such a way. It didn't seem like it would be a matter to a mundane. Especially to a mundane that was what Chiasa was. A harsh, uncaring human is what she was, at least, compared to most. He supposed she had to be, but it didn't make him anymore willing to coddle her into the story. Then again, maybe she wasn't the type that wanted or needed to be coddled into it.. He'd done that before, told one of his human companions in a time much before this one, much before Chiasa was even thought of as a wisp of thought or living memory. It had not turned out good then, in fact it had torn his beloved apart piece by piece. But she had been very fragile, even if she hadn't wanted to be, she was. It was like she had felt loss for the first time and it tore her to the core, making her meaner than a beaten dog. And if it happened again, to Chiasa, Tadaki himself would be torn apart right along with her. It was his fault though, and that's why he took extreme care whenever this subject was even close to being brought up. He avoided it at all costs, at times even vacating the presence of whoever was being persistent about it. Especially when it was someone he cared for deeply, like he did with Chiasa. But he had a trust for her too, enough that she could probably eventually sway him into offering over his complete story. The story of his whole tortured and indignant life, but not right now. He was much too strained right now to even begin to think of even a fraction of his life, let alone tell her all about it.
"Calm down. This is not the time to be getting angry." Like he had a say in any of this, because he was just as mad as she was. Except he had a right. A right that ran much, much deeper than hers. Much deeper than he could ever dream of hers being, and that was good. No one should have to be forced to endure something like he had. Especially her, one who held in their emotion like a cork to a wine bottle. "Do not be angry. Not until you see what it does." He told her quietly as he let the reins go slack against Teufel's midnight black neck, knowing the horse would do nothing but keep going straight or move direction upon command like the truly remarkable beast that he was. "You can be mad when you see the pain in their eyes. The longing." His voice fell flat after a moment, void of any emotion at all, just warning her of what could happen if she became so heated in such a short time. Really too, he wanted her to witness what really came along with the huntress lifestyle. The lifestyle of being an organization bred solely for the killing of his very race. She hadn't yet experienced everything that she needed to experience to be able to knowingly rule the empire. This however would be it, that event that what would teach her about the tragedies that her father and fathers before her father tried to prevent. He knew what it would look like. He'd seen what it could do to a family, and after this he would have had experienced it from all three angles in the equation: victim, killer, hunter. Tadaki hoped Chiasa would never find out this fact.

"Why does it matter?" He wanted to know. "It is not something you could understand with your limited knowledge on the subject." Not to mention it would increase his weakness for her. His body would become emotionally attached to her too, even further than it had been before the second she learned of him.
After a second he sighed gently, his fingers reach up to press into his temple as if he had a headache. Which, had he been able to have a headache, he would have had one. A bad, migraine-like one. "It's not so simple as just telling you what it is, Chiasa. There are many you could probably conjure up on your own." He pulled his hood further down to shade his currently brown gold irises, hating the sun that glared into his eyes completely unforgiving. "I'm not even sure you would want to know." Tadaki mumbled under his breath, his eyes surveying the and for anything that had changed in about the last week or so of his being home and not leaving the house.
queen bee.
queen bee.
Training Target
Training Target

http://Kik Me @ .be.an.inspiration.

Back to top Go down

one x one - queen bee and red - Page 2 Empty chiasa;; post thirteen

Post  red; Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:13 am

Chiasa wasn't even sure if Tadaki would answer her, or even speak at all. Maybe he would just continue on riding, saying nothing. She supposed that would be alright, since it wasn't as though he owed her a real answer or anything, but it wouldn't help her curiosity at all. He might be bound to her, but that didn't make him her slave. Tadaki was as free as he wanted to be, even though she was glad that he had chosen to remain by her side. Thinking back to when she was a child, Chiasa couldn't imagine how it would have been for her if Tadaki had left right afterwards, leaving her alone on the huge estate all by herself to wait for the return of Silas, having to explain everything to the butler alone. Even back then, when she was a child, Chi had been thankful for Tadaki's presence beside her, and that same gratefulness had remained throughout the years. Chiasa might not be a social butterfly, but that didn't meant she didn't enjoy having the two people she cared for close to her as much as possible. Silas was always in the house, getting to the age where hunting was no longer possible for him, and taking on the role of being a  full-on butler now, so at least Chiasa always had him and wasn't always alone. But during the occasional times that Tadaki left to take on a mission or hunt by himself, Chi definitely felt the empty space beside her. There were other hunters who worked under the Nakamura organization, but she wasn't friends with them, didn't count them as close companions - they were just other hunters and nothing more. Tadaki and Silas were friends, people she cared about and didn't want to see get hurt in this messed up business. Sure, someone had to do it, hunt the unruly vampires, but it came with a price and Chiasa hated the idea of seeing Silas or Tadaki have to pay it. So that was why she was upset at not knowing what was wrong with Tadaki. Perhaps it sounded ridiculous or illogical, but Chi wanted to shield them from harm if at all possible. Hurt was something anyone and everyone experienced just by being alive, but if she could somehow prevent or ease any pain from the people she cared about, then she would. And, of course, Chiasa wouldn't lie that she was definitely curious as well, and the fact that she didn't know the exact reason served to irritate her a bit. But she realized her folly and worked to calm herself.
Again looking down at the reins in her hand, Chiasa tried to keep a blank expression. Tadaki was right, getting upset wouldn't solve anything and would only set her up to get in the way. Being emotionless was so very common to her when she was around other people, putting the apathetic personality on like a skin, but she forgot to do that when she was around Tadaki or Silas. She could be a little bit more happy, more care-free. She could pay attention to emotions more when she didn't have to keep up expected behavior of a hunter - that is, she didn't have to be cold and calculating. That was what a hunter was supposed to be, as it was the easiest way to survive, and Chiasa was okay with that. But around the two she held dear, Chi could be more... normal. And yeah, right now was a not a time to feel anything, it was just a time to get to their destination and hunt down the damn vampire, Alexander. As Tadaki had said, she could feel anger then, when she saw those Alexander's  gluttony had hurt. Then Chiasa could get mad, she could vengeful if she needed to. In moments like that, Chiasa could channel her emotions into her senses, her plan, her tact. She could use her emotions to heighten everything and to aid her in the hunt. So it was better to store it away for the right time. A sigh escaped her lips, one that served to calm her. Chiasa fell into a neutral state of feeling slowly, glancing at Hoshi and then up at the sky, squinting a little bit. Yes, this was better. She would just put all her emotions into a little box again and seal it up and toss it away for now. Chi was kind of adept at doing this, as it helped her think more clearly, and, when the time came to feel again, she normally managed to fight even better. It had taken her a little while to understand this, but over the past three years she had worked on perfecting the matter and now she liked to think she was a professional...

Frowning a little, Chi mumbled, "Oh, be quiet. I know I don't know a lot about the matter." It didn't matter though, it didn't mean that she didn't care. If Tadaki would help teach her or at least explain, then maybe she could be a little bit more knowledgeable concerning it all. "I want to know because I care about you and I want to know why this particular hunt, out of all the others, bothers you." She glanced over at Tadaki then, watching him for a moment before looking back ahead. Hoshi seemed to be enjoying this set pace a bit, knowing that, like most times, this would probably be a rather long trip. Actually, that was what Chiasa found so amusing about the mare. She came across as docile and gentle all the time, save for when a hunt became nasty or they had to really move fast, because then Hoshi seemed to completely switch minds and ran fast and hard. In moments like those, it was as if Chi wasn't even riding the same horse anymore, and had been given a different one. But no, Hoshi just seemed to know exactly when each behavior was needed. The mare knew when it was okay to be gentle and compliant, and she knew when it was time to put her whole heart into the run. Strange, maybe, but this was yet another reason why the horses of the hunters were such spectacular creatures.
"And I'm sure I want to know," she added. "At least, I can be positive that I won't regret asking." Alright, so some information could be bad or terrible - as she was suspecting the secret that Tadaki was withholding from her was - but if it helped her to understand, then it didn't matter. That was all Chiasa ever wanted with things like this - to understand. She didn't particularly enjoy being left in the dark about things. The life of a hunter was always in the dark, because that which they hunted lived in the dark, so if Chi could let in just a little bit of light into her life, then she would open the curtains. And since knowledge and understanding were often referred to as a form of mental light, she enjoyed having that as well. "But... I guess you really don't have to tell me anything if you'd rather not," she said, sighing a little again. "But I would like to know and I promise I won't regret asking you to tell me if you ever actually decide to. Which you might not." The last sentence was muttered as Chi turned her head away, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye.

red;
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  queen bee. Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 pm

"To say you won't regret it eventually is a lie. You will." He told her,  squeezing his legs softly against Teufel's sides and humming to his softly to have him slow his gait just slightly. Tadaki let the stallion slow enough that he was riding even with his partner horse and human. "Someday, you will regret ever opening the door of my past. Everyone always does." He watched her, his eyes slightly pinched as he glanced over. at her through the blazing  mid morning sunlight. He eyed her for a second from this position, carefully memorizing everything about her, looking for something he couldn't immediately recognize. He knew her too well, every little thing already known. There was nothing else to pick at; not even her past, because he'd been a part of that.
Tadaki sighed gently, reaching up to readjust the way his hair fell, fingers brushing through it all the way. He pushed back his hood as well, and it now lay on his back where it was kept least often. His eyes were still on her for the time being. "Sometimes you seem to forget I had a time before you; times before and before you in fact." His brows raised, curious and calculating. "I had a childhood too. I had sister, Amelia and Anastasia, and a mother and a father. I had a real family; a real one." The vampire had loved them all dearly. Even with the completely natural sibling rivalry he'd always been their protector. Wasn't every big brother? He expected as much.  "We had family diners, and hated each other at times. We spent Christmas together and every other special day in between. I miss them." That was probably one of the partial reasons he was so partial toward her. He cared about his sisters more than anything, and when she was so small she had reminded him of those extremely distant memories. This isn't something he would ever tell her for pure worry that she would take it wrong, or treat him differently.
"They were killed, by a vampire, when we were little. The same age I had found you, or rather you found me, actually." He turned his head down and away, veering away in case she tried to offer any kind of condolences. He didn't want them. Didn't want anyone, especially her for her to feel sorry or compassionate about it. It was his own demons that he felt he had to fight alone.
queen bee.
queen bee.
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

one x one - queen bee and red - Page 2 Empty chiasa;; post fourteen

Post  red; Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Chiasa arched an eyebrow a little bit. To say that she would regret it like everyone else wasn't exactly fair, she thought, because there was always the chance she wouldn't. If Chi was the one who asked him, then she felt like she would never have a right to regret it because she had been the one to ask, she had been the one to make the decision to open the door. Since she was the one who did it, it would not be fair of her to regret it. But she didn't say this, instead remaining silent as she watched Tadaki as he watched her, her gaze never leaving his in an attempt to show that she was serious, that she wouldn't suddenly shy away if he ever chose to tell her about his past life. Granted, he was right in that she did seem to forget that he had once had a life without her, a past of his own. It was hard for her because he was so much a part of her history. Sure, there had been twelve years of her life where he had been absent, where her parents had been alive and the family was together, but with the death of her father, Tadaki and Silas had become her family. So yes, it was a little strange to think of Tadaki's life before she had met him, and Chiasa chided herself mentally for forgetting it. But nevertheless, she listened intently and quietly as Tadaki spoke of his own childhood, of his own family. She'd never asked him about it before, never inquired about it. There were a few times that she had thought about it and wondered, but she'd never asked. Why? Well, for the most part because hunter life kept one busy most of the time, and because she had never really thought that it was something that involved her. But after seeing how he had reacted to the letter, her thoughts had changed.
Chiasa's eyes widened when Tadaki told her that his family had been killed off by a vampire. Reaching out a hand towards him, Chi paused when he veered away, letting her hand fall away again. "I'm so sorry, Sashi," Chiasa said quietly, her voice soft. "So that's why you were so upset about Alexander..." He read about the letter concerning a vampire who hunted children, and thought of his own past, which spurred the reaction from him.

red;
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  queen bee. Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:10 am

As soon as he and his animal were a few feet away, just far away enough she couldn't reach him even if she wanted to, he let the reins fall back against the top of his hips like they had been sitting before. Tadaki didn't like to be touched, especially when stressed. Unless you were petting his face or hair or collarbone. Then he would purr and nuzzle all over whoever had touched him, simply begging for attention like a cat. Chiasa hadn't figured this out yet, and he was quite open to any moment to being pet with that playful affection, mostly because he loved to have his hair played with. It was always a calming thing for him, something only trusted people could do. Anyone who he didn't trust would be quickly ripped apart for touching him in such a protected place- where someone could easily make him weak.
"I'm not sad they are dead. You misunderstand." He was sad they were gone, but only because of the way he'd saw them die. It wasn't uncommon for someone to be killed by a vampire, or even to be kidnapped and returned as a vampire. He'd been desensitized to that kind of thing. What he knew wasn't common was the fact they'd made him watch as they gutted his sisters for pure entertainment after the life had been physically drained from them. It was if they saw something interesting in his eyes that they wanted to bring out. "I'm upset that he's doing the same thing to them that he did to us. It is unacceptable for even a bully of a human to be treated the way that my sisters and I were treated." Tadaki muttered under his breath. Anytime he talked about this he felt as though he was whining like a two year old how his life had been unfair. But how could it have possibly been fair? He was taught how to blindly and uncaringly rip any living creature to the core in mere seconds. Emotionally and physically. He wouldn't have been lying if he'd told her that he'd gutted more than his fair share of innocent people, enough that she would have been hunting him and torturing him if she knew.
Tadaki turned away from her just then, and refused to acknowledge her anymore. He didn't want to let it consume him at the moment, just wanted to get to their first stop.

--

It was much later in the day they finally came to the first town. It wasn't quite dark, but would most certainly get there soon enough, and he didn't want her caught out here with him. Particularly because he was rather protective of her and wanted to rip someone's throat out at a harmless cat call. They needed a room though, and the only way to get one from around here would be to go through a bar. That would be fine, if they could get in before the dinner rush. And if they were there, then at least he could get himself a drink after they go the horses up.
"We'll drop the horses off at the livery. It wouldn't be smart to leave them tied up outside. Too many people with good eyes." He muttered under his breath, turning Tuefel toward the barn out farther in the distance.
queen bee.
queen bee.
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

one x one - queen bee and red - Page 2 Empty chiasa;; post fifteen

Post  red; Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:28 am

Chiasa let her shoulders slouch a little as she watched Tadaki, deciding there was no point in pressuring him to talk anymore or even to allow her to comfort him. If Chiasa was upset, she didn't necessarily want to be talked to or touched either, at least not when she was angrily upset. Besides, she wouldn't even know how to comfort Tadaki even if he'd let her. She didn't know what to say for one thing, and she felt that apologizing would be too dumb of a thing to do. Why apologize? She hadn't been the one to hurt his family, and it wasn't like saying she was sorry would bring them back. Despite their situations being completely different, Chi could remember the separate occasions when her parents died, and all people told her was how sorry they were. She could also remember being kind of annoyed after so many of them. Yes, she understood that apologies were customary, but it had only ever served as a reminder that there was no one who could fix her hurt, no one who could bring her family back to her - so she wouldn't keep saying that to Tadaki. If only she could have been one of those people who knew exactly what to say, exactly what to do. Narrowing her eyes at her hands, she vowed to work on that more, otherwise she ended up feeling helpless and all around useless.
Looking back up at Tadaki, she nodded her head slightly. Perhaps this mission could be some sort of a venting session for Tadaki. It would allow him to destroy a vampire who was doing to other people what had been done to himself and his sisters. Sure, Chiasa was glad to be on a hunt again, but she decided then to allow Tadaki to be the one who really did the hunting. She couldn't fix the things that had happened in the past, but she could at least do this much.
For the rest of the ride, Chiasa allowed Tadaki to ignore her without protest, remaining silent and even hanging back a couple of paces.

-

When they finally arrived to the first town, Chiasa urged Hoshi on a bit faster so that she could ride beside Tadaki and Tuefel, though she was still quiet. This time, however, her silence was because she was too busy observing the town and the people within it to say anything. Her gaze drifted from one person to the next, studying their faces in a split second before finding a new one to quickly glance at. Her attention also focused on the buildings their structures before finally turning her head to look at Tadaki. "Alright, Sashi," she replied, reaching out subconsciously to pet Hoshi's neck a little.
When they arrived at the livery, Chiasa dismounted from Hoshi, the mare's reins still held in Chi's hand as she glanced over at Tadaki and then at the man who ran the livery.

red;
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  queen bee. Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:32 pm

He glanced at her curiously, his brows rising in slight surprise that she didn't couldn't handle it herself, or even didn't want to. She was usually one to jump on those kinds of things. He, however, remained on the horse for the moment, too lazy to get off of him; just to entertain the politeness a human would have for another that they were about to send their most prized animals to. This obviously came off as rude, and Tadaki spotted an awkward quirk twitch the corner of the man's mouth for a mere moment. It disappeared after a second, so Tadaki didn't purisue it knowing that his horses were perfectly capable of handling themselves."We need food and shelter for the horses overnight. We may need it tomorrow night as well. Most definitely all tonight and till mid morning tomorrow." Tadaki finally said, his nose twitching as he glanced around a split second, scopping the place out per say. The stables would be fine for now. The horse's wouldn't be used to the accommodations, it was considerably less nice that theirs homes at the mansion, however it was no matter as they were war horses that were ready for anything that their masters could throw at them; and they would do it willingly with a happy heart. It would just be slightly uncomfortable and he'd already made a code to make it up to them tomorrow with some kind of treat. "I will pay you tomorrow, if my horses are returned as well if not better in the morning." He leaned down over Tefeul's shoulder to get a more intimate and rough exposure with the stable hand. Moments like this was when Tadaki's 'grow love you voice' - as Chiasa had called it when she was twelve - came out. It wasn't a vampire trait necessarily, but it was deep and mean enough that it scared most people into doing as he wanted of them. "If they aren't, pray I can't find you." He said as he swung his leg over and landed in the dirt. The horses were not replaceable in anyway, physical or emotional. He would honestly probably gut someone if their horses weren't returned at top top, like they were right now.
The man nodded casually, as if he'd heard this a thousand times before, though he hadn't. He was just being extremely cautious of the two newcomers, especially after what had happened the past few days, with all of the kidnappings. "Adin! Take their horses to the birthing stalls and toss in the best hay, fill up the water too." He snapped at one of the slave boys who had previously been shoveling out dirty stalls before being given this new assignment. "Nothing but the best here, sir." He told Tadaki as the human like character was pulled off the saddle bag and motioning to his companion.
"Hold them until I come tomorrow. We can saddle. Do not try and ride them or saddle them for us. They are vicious." They obviously didn't look it, or at least Hoshi didn't. Teufel did look like a devil especially when he barred his teeth.
Tadaki then turned to look at Chiasa. "Get your stuff, there's a place to stay for the night next door. They could have both stayed outside, but he preferred having her in someplace comfortable and easy to protect. With a nod of his head he began walking that way, in trust of the horses to protect themselves now, Chiasa his only concern; as he knew that it would be an accomplishment for them to get through their without him breaking someone's neck.
queen bee.
queen bee.
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

one x one - queen bee and red - Page 2 Empty chiasa;; post sixteen

Post  red; Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Chiasa remained silent still, allowing Tadaki to be the one who did the talking. As he went on, though, Chi started wishing she was the one who had done the talking after all. Her gaze transferred to the other man, watching him to see how he would react to Tadaki's tone and the threat he elicited. So far, the man didn't seem too scared or enraged, which was definitely a good thing. Of course, the horses were important creatures, bred to be the most excellent of steeds to the hunters. Knowing this, Chi also felt a connection to Hoshi that resembled the connection a child felt to their dog. She didn't want to see the mare being taken care of badly, and so there was concern in her for that. But she supposed that Tadaki's threat would suffice to make sure that the horses were taken care of well, and that there would be no problem. Even though she sometimes worried how people might react to such tones that he took on, most of the time it paid off. Right now, Chiasa could at least rest assured that Teufel and Hoshi would get the water, food, and shelter that they would need. Even if it wasn't what the two animals were accustomed to, at least it would be adequate and enough to get them through the night unharmed.
Clearing her throat a little, Chi did as she was told and got her stuff, holding it with one hand while the other reached up to pet Hoshi's neck affectionately before the stable boy took her away. "Good girl, Hoshi," she said quietly to the mare, the words earning her a soft nicker from the dappled mare. Chiasa smiled a little bit then, walking off after Tadaki, glancing over her shoulder one last time. She often felt a little wary or hesitant to leave the horses with strange people. They didn't know the people at the livery, and there was always that bit of fear that the two horses would be treated badly, despite Tadaki's convincing threat. Shaking her head to chase off any worrying thoughts, Chi turned her gaze back up to Tadaki.
"Do you think we'll find Alexander quickly?" She asked in a low tone, struggling to make some sort of light conversation. Also, she was genuinely curious as to what he thought on the matter. It seemed that the vampire they were after would be a formidable foe, and even though they were still quite a ways off from where Alexander had last killed, this thought occupied her mind. When they did eventually get to Wingham, would they find Alexander there? Or would he be gone again, leaving the sorrowed cries of parents and dead children behind him?

red;
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  queen bee. Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:05 am

"You're going to make that mare a softie, little girl." Tadaki gently murmured as they were finally headed off away from the horses and out of the barn. This was obviously simply a tease, because for one; these horses were more than just your average companion or riding animal. They were something that could never be replaced if they were gone. Neither physically or emotionally, and Tadaki knew she worried about them, specifically Hoshi. They were not kind to anyone they didn't know, especially if they were attempted to be ridden, or pet, or hurt. They would attack. Even Hoshi was edgier with the vampire than she was with Chiasa, and vice versa when it came to Teufel. They were little devils in horse sized packages that masquerade as simple companions. "Are you alright?" He asked her quietly after a few moments, his eyes glancing over at her but he ignored her then, not wanting to push her any further than he already had. Besides, now he was carefully scooping out the town; his ears flickering toward every noise and whisper of air.
It wasn't as eerie as he expected, quite calm. Much too calm for Tadaki to be calm as well, in fact.. it was the mere sight of the cheerie town so happy after the kidnapping and death of a beloved child that made him completely untrustworthy of the place. Half of them had to be turned, or at least brainwashed into believing that nothing was rightfully wrong.
As they were nearing the entrance to the hotel bar across the street. It was completely silent, and then she asked if he thought they would find Alexander soon. His answer was soft, cold.. "No." It was as simple as that, he said no and curled his fingers around her spare wrist, keeping her body close to his. This was a defense mechanism for him. To keep people he loved close to his physical person. She was of utmost importance, and he was determined to keep all eyes off of her.. He just needed to get her into the hotel and in a room, he wouldn't even sleep tonight- he would just take care of her. He didn't need sleep anyway."Stick close." Tadaki told her, knowing full well she was completely capable of taking care of herself. It was just that he wanted to be responsible if something happened, for her to have something and someone to fall back onto if she needed it.

It was a completely different atmosphere inside the bar, one that intensified the vampires senses. Loud music, loud people, girls, smells.. He clearly perked up, on the alert as he tried to veer to the counter. He got her there, and managed to shove money across the counter... an exchange happened and he grabbed a key that the man handed to him with a slid across the table. He could feel the hair on the back of his neck rising, and just a she did, he heard a shrill whistle from across the hall and a hey baby drawling through the music, clearly speaking to her. "Move it. Go to the room. 38." Tadaki dropped the key into her hand, highly doubting she was going to leave, but giving her a nudge towards the door to the rooms anyways.
queen bee.
queen bee.
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

Post  red; Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:01 am

Chiasa looked up to Tadaki, quirking an eyebrow a little bit. Hoshi was a softie, but only when it came to Chi. Besides, Chiasa couldn't help it - she had a soft spot for animals and involuntarily spoiled them if she could. They were just so much... better than people, mostly because they couldn't actually speak and all that. Anyway, Chiasa truly did regard Hoshi in the same way that a child regarded their pet dog. Given, Hoshi outweighed the largest dog by a few hundred pounds, and was way taller, but she acted a lot like a dog when they weren't hunting vampires. If Chiasa walked into the stables, then Hoshi's whole disposition would light up and Chi could almost swear that the mare wagged her tail back and forth. And of course, the horses of the hunters were well-trained and followed most commands. Unlike a dog, they wouldn't sit or anything, but they would come and stay when told - unless they were particularly ornery or stubborn. So perhaps the horses really were a lot like a dog, only different in several ways.
"Yeah, I'm okay," she assured with a small smile, shrugging her shoulders dismissively. She fell silent then, just looking around, her gaze taking in the town around her and occasionally glancing up at Tadaki. This town seemed nice, quaint, quiet. She didn't know what to think of it honestly, though it did give off that sense of calmness that settled upon the shoulders of newcomers heavily. Whether this was good or not, Chiasa wasn't sure at all. For the most part, the town seemed harmless to her, so unless some danger presented itself readily, then she would try to brush it off. Besides, they would only be here for a single night hopefully, and then they would be on their way.
At Tadaki's answer, Chiasa sighed quietly. Yeah, she had suspected that would be his answer for the most part. She didn't protest when Tadaki grabbed her wrist, knowing that protesting would get her nowhere with him. Besides, it was probably safest to remain by him anyway.

Upon entering the bar, Chi stuck close beside Tadaki especially. The air around the bar wasn't exactly one that she liked, and there were too many rowdy people, which kept her senses on high alert. Besides, the place smelled badly too. It had seemed almost like they were going to get to the room without problem until she heard the catcall. Chiasa's eyes narrowed then, and she sent a glare towards the man. "Can't I just pommel his face with the hilt of my sword?" She asked, reaching up to grab the key, but not making a move to actually go to the room.

red;
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  queen bee. Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:44 am

My my, she's a feisty one... The voice said again, clearly unfazed at the second, by either her or even the near seven foot tall vampire. Tadaki stood at his full height at the moment, and he took a second to reach up and slick his hair back as he calmed down. Other than a few people there wasn't many people paying attention, all of the others completely wrapped up in their likely weekly billiards tournaments. There was also the friends of the man who had spoke, Tadaki had spotted him the moment that they'd said anything, his senses too keen not to. "Feel free." He muttered to her, his gaze lowering. "As long as I can rip his throat out first. Maybe feed it to his pack. Then you can beat him over the head." He bit his lip softly, though not enough that it broke skin. Tadaki reached back and pressed the keys further into her palm, giving her a nudge again. She would be fine, he knew; even if she had, had to take care of it herself. That didn't help his worrying any though. The voice was growing closer, it's owner now clearly visible as he shimmied his way through the crowd, flanked on either side by two men of the same height and shape. They were just humans, not even a match for Tadaki. If they tried they would fail, especially with his working human companion there with him. She had more bang for her buck than it looked.
He brushed his temples and grumbled under his breath. "I'm about to hurt someone, Chiasa." Tadaki admitted to her casually, if this was like normal conversation. it sort of was, considering that the vampire had exactly no filter for his mouth. And if he secretly did it was  a wonder what he thought of on the daily.
She's wearing pants too! The man was pushing it, he'd nearly crossed into Tadaki's bubble of protection. "As opposed to what? A dress? She's not frilly. Dresses are frivolous in any case." He retorted in return, eyes glancing over before he sighed.
"Chiasa, please, go to the room."
queen bee.
queen bee.
Training Target
Training Target

Back to top Go down

Post  red; Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 am

Leers and things from men weren't something that Chiasa thought she got a lot of, but she certainly wasn't unfamiliar with them. It was only natural - apparently - for most men to find young females people worthy of being taunted and leered at. Honestly, it disgusted Chiasa, but it never seemed to stop the men, especially if she showed any form of displeasure to the calls. It was like showing clear signs that she didn't like them only made them more adamant and determined in their taunts. If Tadaki said anything, then it seemed to only spur them on more because he was another male. Chi didn't get it. She understood vampires, but regular people? Sometimes they were just too much for her. She'd grown up around vampires and a few select humans, and she'd never really had to deal with humans continually, not like how she had to deal with vampires. Her life as a vampire hunter dealt generally with vampires and occasionally with humans. Or, perhaps it was better said to just state that she didn't converse with humans like a normal girl her age might. She talked with businessmen, questioned other humans about their knowledge of certain vampires when it was necessary, and had other such run-ins here and there. But throughout her entire life, Chiasa was never sure how to respond to catcalls and leers save for with violence.
Even when Tadaki nudged her again, Chiasa - though she remained close to him - didn't turn to leave. Honestly, the fact that the man was concentrating his jeers on her made Chiasa want nothing more than to put him in his place. The difference in strength and build meant nothing. Chi was fast, and she not only had a gun, but a sword as well. What did this guy have? His two goons?
"Why can't I help?" She asked, her voice lowered as her gaze flicked between Tadaki and the man who had started the whole thing.

red;
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2